Thursday, 22 January 2015

Analysis of 'John's Not Mad' Magazine


I created this article by first opening a Text Box and typing the headline onto the document. I then Copied and Pasted my essay onto the document, using a Text Box to place my essay into. I also used Text Boxes to type quotes from my essay into in Bold letters to make it look more authentic. I used another Text Box to create my by line and place it at the top of the article. 

I then obtained four photographs of John, past and present, and placed them onto my article to give the impression of a genuine magazine article. The images give a sense of nostalgia and sympathy and give the reader an opportunity to view John as he has aged. I have maintained the columns in an order that fits a magazine article. I have also tried to keep text and imagery in the line so as to not cause confusion and to make the main body look professional.

I used Text Boxes and imagery to create two fake adverts to make the article look genuine. The adverts are quite short, however they still contribute to the impression of a real newspaper. The by line has been  placed in a manner to make the article look interesting. 

What I found good was the creation of quotes using Text Boxes. I found this good because I feel that the quotations give an interesting insight and I learned a lot of skills because of it.  What I found bad was the part when I had to arrange the screen shots from the internet because there was a lot of difficult cropping and photo-column alignment work involved. 

Below are two screen shots showing the process that I took to create the magazine.









No comments:

Post a Comment