Monday, 15 December 2014

Alex's Diegectics & Non-Diegectics Film



This is a film that me and my small group made whilst filming in and around the Media Suite in Hyde Clarendon. We were assigned to create a film with diegectic and non-diegectic sounds with two different types of scenes: fast-paced and slow-paced scenes with background music corresponding to the different scenes.

Me and my group were initially unsure as to who would be doing what in which scene, but after a brief discussion, we decided on what we were doing and prepared our equipment, ready to begin.


Firstly, I started by carrying a camera as I walked up the Media Suite stairs, and another member of my group walked through the Media suite doors. Since I was carrying a camera, the scene gave a third person perspective.

Another member of my group then recorded the conversation that we had on what we were going to do. I then filmed me once again carrying the camera as I slowly walked out of the Media Suite doors.

We also filmed me in a first person perspective running into the Media Suite with a forlorn expression on my face being pursued by a hooded figure, played by another member of my group. We then turned all of the lights off in the production space to add ambience into it.

The walls with other students' work on them provided the ideal backdrop and gave our scene an eerie dark maze feel to it. We then used the lights from our phones to light up the areas that we wanted to be seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment