Thursday, 12 March 2015

Summary of What I Have Found So Far

Through creating this documentary about scoliosis and the various research techniques that I used in the  project, I have gained a considerable amount of information about the condition of scoliosis as well as other disabilities relating to scoliosis.

I first created a mind map about the various things in my life that I am interested in or have experienced. The outlining genre that I found interesting was scoliosis and therefore, I decided to film my documentary on scoliosis.

The first topic that I began to examine was the history of scoliosis and researched the people who first developed devices that would prove instrumental towards the creation of future help for scoliosis sufferers, such as Hippocrates and Ambrose Pare.

I then began researching the various techniques that they used, from applying pressure to the spine in Ancient Greece to the first plaster cast for the spine that helps alleviate scoliosis in the early 1800's.

I also researched various celebrities with scoliosis as well as other disabilities to give the blog variety. From Stephen Hawking to Ralph Braun and Usain Bolt. They would serve as an inspiration to people with scoliosis and other disabilities. I especially found this part to be very interesting because I was unaware that Usain Bolt had scoliosis. I also did not know that Kurt Cobain had scoliosis as well.

I then asked various students in the Media Suite a series of scoliosis-related questions divided into five questionnaires. I then scanned the results onto my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment